Tractel D4 Descender Controlled Descent Device
- Ship 5-7 Days
- 1.20 LBS
- 12.00 (in)
- 10.00 (in)
- 10.00 (in)
- Calculated at Checkout
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 2 - 3||and get 3% off|
|Buy 4 or above||and get 5% off|
The D4 descender is designed for use within rope access or suspended access applications where a primary and secondary fall protection safety system are required. Designed for use with a primary or work line the D4 descender enables the user to carry out a controlled descent using Tractel recommended kernmantle rope 7/16 and 1/2 in. (11 and 13 mm).
The D4 descender meets CSA Z259.2.3-99, type 2W, whereby it is a manual control descent device with automatic lock off for work positioning. Positioned from the lower front attachment point of a full body harness the D4 descender allows the user the ability to regulate the rate of descent by the application of pressure of the descent handle. The unit’s ability to stop is by either release of the descent lever or by squezzing the lever too hard.
When trained correctly the D4 descender can be used within rescue rigging
applications for victim lowering.
- Ergonomic shape for easy handling
- Aluminium sheaves allow for good friction control and heat dissipation
- Rope: 7/16 and 1/2 in. (11 and 13 mm) – Replace rope after 100 descents
- Construction: Stainless steel
- Maximum length of rope: 328 ft. (100 m)
- Lifetime meters of descent: 34,448 ft. (10,500 m)
- Capacity 330 lbs. (150 kg), one person
- Rope access
- Window cleaning (chair work)
- Industrial adventure climbing
- Caving activities
- ANSI Z359.4
- Meets and exceeds OSHA requirements
- Meets CSA Z259.2.3-99
Warning: The device should never be used without a separate fall arrest system.